Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Busto!



Buster loved his family, and I'm so grateful to everyone for taking care of him and loving him.  What a fabulous life this dog had.  I'd love to hear your favorite Buster story below.

Here's one of mine:  Every time I would visit mom and dad, Buster would insist upon sitting on Grandma's lap.  She would complain about how heavy he was (12 pounds) and there were times when he would sit on her knees, almost extending them backwards as she stretched her legs across the ottoman.  Eventually, Grandma would say, "There are four other people in this room, Buster.  Can't you sit on someone else?"  And if someone offered, she would refuse (and Buster wouldn't budge).  They were pretty happy with each other just like that.

16 comments:

The Everett Olsons said...

I always liked running around the neighborhood looking for him whenever he visited Everett.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh, buster oh, buster oh how i love you buster. he was always a good dog

Martha said...

My favorite memories are just taking him for the walk in Cle Elum. He always knew the way, happy as a clam to go, always grateful. I will so miss his love and his smile. Thank you so much Sarah for sharing this wonderful dog with us. We were so lucky. So sorry that he is gone.

Martha said...

My all time favorite is when Sarah and I took off at night in Cle Elum, headed for Main Street because the rumor was he was at the Sunset. Sarah was legging it down the road yelling his name, and I was huffing and puffing behind her. Buster was sitting in the alley watching us run by, and eventually found by someone who was following us. I just imagined how crazy he must have thought us.

Mike said...

Sorry to hear about Buster, Sarah. Sad news and sorry you're going through it. He was a great dog and you are a great dog owner. He had a very long life and many years--quite atypical for an Olson dog.

Most of my memories are of him snapping at Nick..but my favorite story is you trying to smuggle him into the hotel, and that lady said, 'Well i wonder what was in that backpack'! Still makes me laugh.

Mom and Dad said...

Many favorite stories, he was a well travelled dog....eating the expensive bag of chocolates in Paris, peeing on the sidewalk sign in a small town in the Netherlands and having the owner of the shop run after me shouting something ...walking around the casinos in Jackpot Nevada, or Pendleton, or Coer d Alene.
Love that dog.....Mom

Anonymous said...

I have many favorite memories with little Budda but the one that makes me laugh the most is when he was staying at our house and I heard his wonderful pre puking sound. When I saw he was in my room about hurl I yelled "NO! NO BUSTER! NO!" and scared him so bad he swallowed that puke right back down haha. Kind of gross but I still remember that very clearly.

Martha said...

Love the picture!!

Mike said...

Buster really roamed through casinos?

mary said...

I loved that Brown Sugar!!!!! Sorry to hear of him passing. He was a great dog!!

I just love every story of him!!!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget when I was going to ride somewhere with Sarah, and to my surprise, almost had to sit in the back seat, because the front seat was for...of course Buster. I held him during the ride (yes, I held him) and he was a good dog...a lucky dog for having an owner as wonderful as Sarah.
Susie

Darcy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darcy said...

I remember Buster never liking any sort of loud or sudden noises, especially clapping. My favorite memory is when Sarah and I kept teasing Buster by clapping just to get a rise out of Mike. Just thinking about that furious look on Mike's face makes me laugh. :)

Rachel said...

oh brown sugar you were such a great dog! Sarah I'm sorry to hear of Buster's passing and I hope you are doing ok. My favorite memory of buster is when I came home from school and the door was open and buster got out and i ran up and down beacon hill lookin for that little budda and came back to him sitting at the end of the driveway, just enjoying the sunshine on his face.

Ruth said...

Well I do appreciate how little his poop was -- very easy to pick up. He made Sarah happy and that made me happy.

Welcome Baby Roman!!