Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kiss Me, We're Really Irish!

After watching Lionel Ritchie find his "roots" on tv last night, I did a bit of research on our police great grandfather, Ira Lycurgus Ricketts. Through his wife, Pearl Singleton, we are related back to Ireland, to the Coad family. When I first read it, I thought we were related to the "Clod" family, which made sense at the time.

Ira's dad was married three times, we are the descendants of wife #1. The other descendants compose what seems to be all of Indiana.

I will now be able to name all of the people in Dad's old photos and this will ensure me the lion's share of his fortune.

8 comments:

mary said...

soo cool!!!

Ruth said...

Fascinating -- no wonder I'm so good at singing Oh Danny Boy.

Anonymous said...

Faith and begorrah...what is begorrah any way_

Sarah said...

Lycurgus?

Martha said...

Lycurgus (Greek: Λυκοῦργος, Lukoûrgos; 800 BC?–730 BC?) was the legendary lawgiver of Sparta, who established the military-oriented reformation of Spartan society in accordance with the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi

Sarah said...

Oh, THAT Lycurgus.

The Everett Olsons said...

My mom is Irish. She drinks a lot. She is happy to see that my dad is Irish too, even though he doesn't drink so much.

Mike said...

The O'lsons

(joke made by Susie 15 years ago)

Welcome Baby Roman!!