Wednesday, September 30, 2009

StoryCorps - Dad

I'm organizing a project in our district called "Sound Portrait" which is a tiny version of NPR's StoryCorps. I needed to make a quick example to show at the faculty meeting tomorrow, so I interviewed Dad. He did a great job...I only wish I had more time to ask him more questions.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Sarah, I loved it! Would love to see how it works or if it is a program I can utilize! Dad, wonderful answers, and how cool to hear the voice with the picture! Ruth, sorry you lost one eye in the picture.

Sarah said...

Hey Marth,

It's a website called VoiceThread and it's very cool. The elementary kids have used it in our district and they like it. I'm organizing a third grade, "Interview your grandparents" day to coincide with the National Day of Listening on Nov. 27---kids create a voicethread and record their interviews at home. Here's the website: www.voicethread.com Pretty easy to use.

Anonymous said...

Great job Sarah!!! Congrats on your presentation to your facilty as well! Dad great job as well and we are proud of you and mom! Couldn't get any better parents i have to admit!! P.S. I didn't know there was a national day of listening...... or was that a joke!
mj

Anonymous said...

What are you doing up so late martha?

Mike said...

Wounderful stuff! Agree the presentation is impressive and I learned a few things, too. Dad is a natural behind the microphone. When is the dorothy edition coming?

John O. said...

Very good - especially the part about the successful children "in basketball, football, and in academics."

Welcome Baby Roman!!