Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mike Clarke Alive; Seil Free

Highlights from the Chimacum Alumni Association annual dinner:

1. I thought Mr. Clarke had died and was very surprised to see him checking people in to the reunion. Turns out it was Mr. Flaherty that died.

2. I thought Chuck Seil was still in jail. Turns out he's out of the big house. Didn't chat much.

3. Both Jim Eldridge and Ron Riggle applied for the boys' basketball coaching job. Jim got it. Ron complained to the school board. Jim and Ron sat at different tables at the dinner.

4. Bill Eldridge (class of 1960) has a son named Billy Eldridge (class of 02). Easily the best looking Eldridge, Billy joined the band for a rendition of Lynrd Skynrd's "Simple Man" - I couldn't help but sit at the bar and say "Man, what are you doing here..."

5. George Huntingford demanded a count of Huntingfords v. Eldridges in the room. Eldridges won in a landslide.

6. Sabrina recognized me this time.

7 comments:

Martha said...

Dad says, "Oh, yeah, that's right, it WAS Mr. Flaherty that died".

Mike said...

Did Dan Toepper dare show his face?

Sarah said...

Wrong way Toepper. Let him live in peace, Buck.

Ruth said...

OMG Michael Jackson died!!

Rachel said...

I feel like that comment deserved a post but seriously isn't that nuts! I couldn't believe it, but after hearing Thriller 13 times on the way home I figured it must be true.

Sarah said...

My Kojak Sun. RIP

John O. said...

As I was listening to the obituary on the radio, I didn't realize Jacko was one of the original Charlie's Angels.

Welcome Baby Roman!!